Rhythm of the night

So last night was the night. A step back though. For the last two months of so I've been in dance class. Houston 2 Step to be exact. It is a easy dance learn if you can count and stay on beat. Dancing has not been my strong point in life ! But I wanted to try something new. My good friend invited me to the class so here I am.

We're coming to the end of the 1st level of the dance. Of course while you're in class you think you are doing ok. But get around some seasoned dancers and you see how far you have to go !

Which brings me to last night. On certain nights there is a night spot that caters to 2 step dancers. The Dj play songs that seem tailor made for stepping. So I showed up somewhat nervous. And greeted some of the people in my class. Then it started.

Got on the dance floor for a few songs. I think I did ok. The ladies I danced with were more experienced than me. So they had to slow it down. Some where okay and gave me a few pointers. While others gave me that "ya rookie" look when we was dancing ! Hey we all had to start somewhere.

I had fun. And it's something I will be putting more practice into. My two left feet are slowly turning into left and right feet !

For those who may not have seen Houston 2 Step in action here is a example.




Comments