Work begins.

This is my first update since the flood. Plenty of things have happened. Adventures with FEMA, and  Insurance companies. Plus learning all about appeal and sending in packages.

 Believe it or not my subdivision is still not back to normal. Some houses have trailers in the front yard. Others have been totally abandoned. While a few neighbors are maybe 60% done.  And your truly is JUST NOW about get his home fixed.

I cut the contractor a fat check. You know the type of fat checks that you hate to see go ! Well it had to be done. So hopefully next week true rebuilding will kick off.

It has been a long journey just to get to this point. Thankfully I was able to stay in my home while all of this has been going on up to this point. Now if I had kids and a wife no way would I have been able to stay home ! Loose drywall and random nails around the house. Just craziness.


Here is a few of the den the day I finally got the house empty. When I pulled up the wet carpet I found the original old school tile underneath. Honestly it still looked great until the house dried out and it began to crumble. And you see the black sheet covering up my bathroom ! Like I said, a bachelor crib supreme!
So in a few months this room will look totally different. New doors and of course the bathroom will be closed up. So with that I'm going to end this post. And may add more later on.

Comments