The deep end.

When I think about life I think about a child sitting at the edge of a pool. For a child the 3 foot part of the pool is the deep end ! The child has on their goggles. Flotation gear on the arms. Ready for the water ! But there is still hesitation. Doubt about will they float. Stories of a friend needing help to get out the water. Plain ol fear.


Fast forward to the adult. He or she has all the equipment on. The degrees.The teaching. Some money. Age and wisdom. But still there is some hesitation. Maybe another degree. Maybe if someone else do it. What if I fail. He or she is saying this while sitting at that same edge of the deep end. Except this time that pool is life. Now people are already in the pool telling you to jump in. But you still have a little fear. A little doubt.

The deep end is not a one an all encompassing thing. In some areas of life you have jumped in with no hesitation. While in others you're still sitting at the edge wondering if you should jump in. I'm no different. 

I'll be posting and writing about things I've always done. And exposing my scary self to you about things I've done  for the first time ! Jumping in a new deep end. So stay tuned.


Comments